Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bingo Numbers for Saturday 4/3/10


We arrived at Daddy's home at 5:00 AM Friday morning.... and after going back to bed until the sun came up - once we woke up the day, the day FLEW by rather we were ready or not! :P

I've only driven a lawn mower ONCE that I can remember in my life... and let's just say my Daddy was so excited about showing me his new "zero radius turn" mower that he had me outside test driving it before 10am here! (which is 9am back in TX)

I wasn't cutting grass... just driving to try it out.... after all Dad & Clara have some 400+ plastic eggs ready to be scattered out in the yard for all the kids to find on Sunday and so they've not cut the grass yet this year! ;)

No sooner than I finished my test drive on the new lawn mower, Clara returned home from her weekly visit to the beauty shop and asked if I wanted to go with her over to JC Penny's - they were having a door buster sale.

Since David was off riding the 4-wheeler with the kids, I said sure why not. (after all, I had went and changed out of my PJ's to ride Daddy's lawn mower, a bra, t-shirt and jeans... OK I guess I'll go...I can shower when we get back)

Well after picking up an arm full of items I headed to the dressing room to try them on and was almost shocked to death at what I saw in there!!! EEEEk! Imagine my horror when I saw the image of myself in the mirror that greeted me after opening up that dressing room door. I about fell over dead!

There stood someone who had just woke up after only napping in a real bed for a couple hours,
who before that had driven the last part of a LONG 16 HOUR road trip,
who just before that had tried to sleep in the floor of a mini van,
who just before that had sat with a laptop on her lap for approximately 4 hours sending out emails to about 20 people on SLOW dial up speed... not to mention how hard it was to hold a mouse still with all the vibration of the bumps in the road and eye strain from the sun glaring on the screen...
and there were too many kid happenings to list... but one last little detail....

who before the trip began WENT TO BED WITH HER HAIR WET!!!!!

and I'll stop with that... I'm sure what you have pictured in your mind is actually much better looking that what I looked like this morning in that dressing room. :P

I can't tell you how much I hoped I would NOT run into an old high school friend today!... and believe me as soon as my step mom greeted anyone she knew while shopping I immediately darted behind a rack of clothes acting like I didn't hear or see who she was talking to - and prayed that she wouldn't introduce me to anyone today... :P

I wish I could say I took a shower and got cleaned up as soon as we got back home, but nope... Aunt Nell and her grand kids had come over to visit... and like I said the whole day RUSHED past rather we were ready for it or not.

Well not today! I'm getting my shower before I go to the breakfast table! ;) and guess what's for breakfast.... Country ham! Mmmm!

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter tomorrow. We are glad to be spending our first since kids here at home with family. ;)

Love from Kentucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment