Thursday, May 20, 2010

BINGO fabrics will arrive at their new homes SOON!!

Actually a few of them are expected to arrive at their new homes TODAY (Thursday)!!!! Eek

I had diaper boxes all over the place!!! 8 of them as a matter of fact Wink and I divided them up and shipped 4 boxes on Tuesday and took another 4 yesterday, Wednesday along with the Priority Mail packages for the outside border winners.

I've emailed them all the Delivery Confirmation Numbers and also a link to the thread over at the boards - hopefully as they arrive, they can check in to let us know! I knew that everyone would enjoy hearing and seeing all about it Big Grin

The first year I "had" to use the USPS b/c instead of dollars to play I asked for stamps Roll Eyes man, oh man were those boxes that first year decorated pretty with stamps all over them!! and I mean all over! Razz

But the year after (2nd game) and until last year I took the packages to a "Mailbox & More" store and could choose to go Fed-Ex, UPS or what ever was cheapest....

Well last fall or was it winter... anyway I had some stuff to mail to various places (including lemons to Quiltaholic) and took my packages to the Mail Box and more store... and had to fork over an arm and a leg! Eek aak! she told me that her prices fluctuate according to prices at the pump! What???

Well with the big oil spill in the Gulf - I didn't even want to imagine how she's increased her prices this year - so I took all 8 diaper boxes of Bingo Fabric to the USPS this year. In the end I had to pay $15 out of pocket - but I'd hate to think how much over I'd been if I had gone to the other place.

I'm not worried with the $15 David won't even blink an eye at that - doubt he even notices it on the checking account statement at the end of the month Wink so no need to worry. I more than received that much in the generous hostess gifts along the way this year. Which by the way - THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! Wink

I hope this year everyone enjoyed the daily mail call posts over here on the Fat Quarter Bingo Blog. I enjoyed posting each day and I will continue to do that again next year. Wink

I hope to get some feed back from the winners to know if they liked getting yardage... vs FQs... that was a great way to celebrate our 5th anniversary don't cha think? Maybe... just maybe we can do it again...?

Well - I've gotta run - busy day here. MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) meeting today - the last of the school year... and then tonight my 2nd Quilt GUILD Meeting!!! Weee! Wink

Thanks again everyone for letting me be your bingo hostess!!! I really enjoy everything about it and can't wait to do it again next year!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin


EDITED TO ADD - Listing of 2010 Fat Quarter Bingo Winners! Wink

Group A:

Outside Border winner - applebetty - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - wenonah - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - Sharon334 - has her goodies Cool


Group B:
Outside Border winner - Lisa-TX - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - chris915 - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - catec7 - has her goodies Cool


Group C:
Outside Border winner - vickiquilts - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - mrs-c - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - zizzybob - has her goodies Cool


Group D:
Outside Border winner - Malou - has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - mizsam -has her goodies Cool
Blackout Winner - Handie Ann - has her goodies Cool



Love from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment