Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bingo Numbers for Saturday 5/1/2010


Well Happy "Run for the Roses" day... as today is the first Saturday of May and that means, Kentucky Derby race is today. My mom always use to remind me that I was born the 100th year that they had it so I guess that means that this year is the 136th run for the roses. ;)

It's looking like they are predicting a "sloppy track" today... which will make me sad to see all those beautiful colorful silks that the jockeys wear get so muddy and dirty. Some chose their horse according to the odds, while others choose their horse by it's unique name... my Momma Newt would always choose the filly if there was one running - you know b/c us girls have gotta stick together she'd say :)

and speaking of "the girls" I looked up info about the race that took place today - "The KY Oaks" is always a race between all the 3 year old fillies... and you just have to watch this replay of that race - very exciting win by "Blind Luck" who the announcer said was absolutely last after the first turn... but came out to WIN it! and I loved the hot pink silk that her jockey wore ;)

but for me...As a kid I always picked my horse by what colors the silks were that the jockey had on... ;)

And since red is my favorite color - and the gold circle with MP in it sorta looks like a Bingo Ball, my pick for this year is "Lookin At Lucky" who has a 3-1 payout if he wins.

Yes, I'm looking forward to tuning into a TV (if I'm near one late this afternoon) to hear them play "My Old Kentucky Home" and sing along. ;)

Chorus
Weep no more my lady
Oh! weep no more today!
We will sing one song for the old Kentucky home,
For the Old Kentucky Home far away.



If you've been reading the main HGTV Bingo thread you will have noticed that yesterday was an outisde border bingo day! Congratulations goes to applebetty, Lisa-TX, vickiquilts & Malou. Each group had 1 winner and they will each receive their choice of 25 FQs or any combination of 6 yards and 1 FQ (which also equals 25 FQs since this year I have yardage in the jackpot also)

PM/Emails have been sent to each of them and I'll wait to hear back from then to see if they have any preferences in color/pattern before I go picking thru the boxes of fabrics ;)

So that means - now we continue calling numbers until we get a TOTAL BLACKOUT/COVERALL Bingo for each of the 4 groups... starting today with these numbers...




Love from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment