Monday, March 22, 2010

Mail Call - 3/19/10

Remember these??? That the mail lady delivered with her "Beep! Beep!" Friday? Well it's time to open them and take a look inside.... and see who they are from ;)

The first package is from SDgranny and her note says that there is one extra included and I can have my pick ;)

Well if Nora was out here I know which she'd choose... but she isn't so this pick is gonna be for my FQ stash shelf... and I'm loving that plum purple one on the top row ;) Thanks SDgranny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second package I opened was from wenonah.

Immediately when I saw that paisley fabric on top - it made me think of missmikol's round robin quilt that I helped work on a few years back... ;) and it is the same print only a different shade from being exactly the same as the 4 yards I mailed to her a few months ago. ;) Beautiful isn't it?

and look what she included for little ole me - or for my "Bernie" rather... ;) Two spools of Guiterman threads! His favorite! Thanks wenonah!

These 5 yard cuts are great for the g-r-o-w-i-n-g Jackpot!! This year's winners are gonna have some great stash builders to add to their fabric collections for sure. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DebbieWI had some great looking fabrics to share with us too! Again, I wish I could hold them up closer to the camera so you could pet and feel how soft these fabrics are... my photos can only do so much...

and she must be a regular reader of my Nap Time News blog to know that Nora's favorite color is..... pink! ;) b/c she included not one but TWO for her! Thank you DebbieWI! Her stash is growing as fast, if not faster than mine ;)

and I had no problems picking my keeper... the BLUE one! ;) I love it as it reminds me of the 4th of July. Thank you! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lately I have a habbit of saving the biggest for last... ;) and today's is from Luckirish64.

There was a note enclosed that said that 25 are for bingo cards and the rest are for me to choose and keep.

Oh wow, what a great collection of colors! I think she chose a FQ from each shelf in her fabric closet what do you think? ;)

I'm loving all the yellowish/tan neutrals on that bottom row especially :) Thanks Luckirish64 - you are TOO GENEROUS to let me and Nora keep so many beautiful FQs! There is a pink on in the top row with Nora's name on it ;)

And you know how they say, what goes around comes around....? Well LOL - About this time last year I was STARING at this SAME cow FQ every day and night thinking....what to do? what to do? ...as it was our HGTV Circle of Friends Retreat 2009 Challenge Fabric. "The sky's the limit" the told us... LOL There were lots of very creative people at the retreat that each made some cery cute things with this same FQ... not me. All I could come up with was using that large moon motif to make a mouse pad cover. :P

It was fun to see this FQ again! ;) I'm tempted to choose to keep it since she included extras... it would be fun seeing it pop up in some scrap quilts and string quilts... lots of great memories from the retreat I went on last year to Manchester, NH with 70 of the board members ;) I'm sure they will all have a ton of fun this July in Portland, OR...

I won't be on that retreat b/c of it falling during the 4th of July week - everyone who knows me, knows that there is NO where I'd rather be on the 4th than HOME in KY! ;)

However, I am hoping to go again to a COF retreat, next year, 2011, when it's in NC ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a beautiful day it's been here in SE Texas today... I love sitting out on my driveway barefoot going through my packages and boxes of mail.

Every time I look up at the neighbors across the street I can not help but to think how I wish there was a clothes line strung between his just two of the larger trees....

because it would make for the perfect spot to hang quilts to take photos of! ;) The only halfway decent natural looking place I have to take a photo of my quilts is beside my driveway of the barbed wire fence.... and I think my neighbor's woodsy backdrop would look so much better.... never hurts to dream right? ;)

Love from Texas!



No comments:

Post a Comment