Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mail Call - 3/22/10

Today I found 3 big boxes sitting outside by my trash can when I got home from the Parent/Teacher Conference at Nora's school. ;) She got a very good report by the way and I'm a very proud momma! Her report card had 18 "E" for Excellent evaluation codes on it for the 3rd quarter ;) which before this grade period, she had never received the highest rating in anything before. Also she had perfect attendance this quarter! whooo hooo!

so onto the fabrics Bonnie - we want to see more goodies to drool over while we wait for April 1st to arrive!!!! ;) Well this ought to get your taste buds perking! Take a look at these lovelies that bjeannes sent in!

The way she had them folded and placed into the box they looked like little "mini bolts of fabrics" don't' they! ;) so cute! Below is a photo of them all spread out. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I mention that my best friend kept all of my kids while I was at the Parent/Teacher conference? The twins were as dirty as little piggys!!! Heidi has a large backyard with lots of mud, dirt, sand, trees... you know - a kid's heaven! We ate lunch picnic style outside at her home before driving home, so when I pulled in - it was straight up to bed for nap time for Olivia and Paul Thomas - dirt and all! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So by now, Nora was wondering where I was and had come outside and found me in my favorite spot on the driveway opening up bingo packages..... and I could hear her saying "Bonnie Minor, calling Bonnie Minor, the doctor is now ready to examine you for your check up!" - all as I was opening up this box from G'maRose

What cute Christmas FQs! Did you know that my grandmother "Momma Newt" always included a Christmas fabric or two in all of her scrappy quilts! ;) I loved that about her quilts and also try to do the same. ;)

Thanks G'maRose - and not just for the FQs - but your personal note card!!! I love to read notes from players, and yours was too sweet!

I love it - Not just the outside but what you took the time to write. ;) Congratulations on your first "GREAT-grandbaby" ;)

Bonnie Minor - BONNIE MINOR - paging BONNIE MINOR.... it's time for your check up!

Uham, Doctor Nora - look what G'ma Rose sent to us... aren't' they cute?

Look at these YUM-MO fabrics!!!

Soft country blues and whites... and also yummy citrus colors!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kay-lin sent a little special something... or rather a few special somethings... starting with this cute kitty that popped up when I first opened the box. "Meawooow!" LOL :P

and just what the doctor ordered - BUBBLE WRAP!! :P

ooough - What 5 year old doesn't love to just pop and pop until their little fingers can't pop no more?! :)

and for me - well guess who got to let the "cat out of the bag" hehehe... corny I know. but I couldn't' help it. LOL

it's a purse pin cushion - or "nails holder momma!" Funny that Nora calls pins, nails... and she's never even stepped on one before....

and more goodies! Look at that quilt stationary!!!! another card set for me!!! Weeee! my 2nd to receive as a bingo hostess gift!!! Thank you!!!! and those are beautiful turquoise batik FQs there too!!!

Nora thought it was fun to hold up the new pin cushion and yell "FREE NAILS for SALES" as she did a few weeks ago for her Kool-aid stand... silly goose! :P

can you guess who loves batiks? ;) they are all sooooo pretty!

oh and of course "Dr. Nora" had even more fun with her Bubble Wrap - using her "nails" to pop them with.... you know - "PRACTICING" for giving me a shot when I have to be examined by here after I'm done with the mail... oh dear. :P

thanks again - bjeannes - you are so generous to think of sending me such a cute gifty ;)

look at these pretties from the three boxes today! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and did you think I was done for today??? Well I did actually - until David brought in the mail from the mailbox when he got home from work tonight... apparently there were 2 bags inside there too! ;) So I opened these up tonight after the kids were in bed.

sassystitcher - remembers that Nora collects Post cards!!! and this one is of a new quilting book that will soon be released on April 6th this year! Have any of you read these? I've wanted to - and have seen them posted in blogland... but have never bought any of them yet. I'm guessing I need to read these in order?

the back of the card reads:

Aloha means Hello, Goodby, and Love -all stitched together in one. With Elm Creek Quilt Camp closed for the winter, Bonnie heads to Maui to help a friend launch the Aloha Quilt Camp. Despite a cheating (and soon to be ex) husband, quilting and new friendships help remind Bonnie that love can be found when - and where - you least expect it.

The book does sound pretty entertaining doesn't it? ;) Well for now, hosting this Bingo game is keeping me very entertained.. and I hope you all are enjoying my blogging about it too ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and the last package that I opened tonight - was from angelinamor. She also wrote a very nice note inside her card. ;) Isn't that baby bear tucked between momma bear's legs too cute? Reminds me of Paul Thomas and how he's always playing under my feet. ;)

I'm sure you all are going to have a great time this summer in Portland, OR and like you - I'm so glad we got to meet last year in NH too! ;)

My photo taking inside at the kitchen table at night time just do not do the fabrics justice at all. The above photo's fabric color in real life is a very deep burgundy - like a red wine... with gold sparkles all over it -very pretty. Not at all black like my camera shows.

Thanks angelinamor for playing again and I will be missing everyone at the COF this year.

Love from Texas!


No comments:

Post a Comment