Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mail Call 3/3/10

Guess what I saw on my front porch today when I arrived home from picking up Nora??

Look at these boxes - Doesn't this look like a ton of fun??? Well, you're right if you said yes! It's one of the most fun parts of hosting the FQ Bingo each year! Well I do have fun with all the organizing of emails and replying and keeping the spreadsheet - it's the nerd in me! LOL;)

But it is so fun getting so many packages in the mail in about 2 month span! I confess though - I didn't open them right away. This evening I had to take Nora to Religious Ed at church and go back in an hour to pick her up.. then supper.. then bath time routines... you know the drill.

So when David got home from work - he saw this stack and I'm guessing he was as excited as I was about finding out what was inside them - b/c tonight after we got the kids to bed, I changed into my pajamas and headed downstairs, (about 9:30) I found him at the kitchen table saying... I brought the mail in, and only one of them has my name on it??!!

Oh Grrrreat - it's just checks :( He was disappointed... apparently he does actually have something on order and expecting it. I couldn't help but snicker to myself.. how did he think he'd be getting all those packages - and HELLO???! This isn't his first FQ Bingo Rodeo!! It's our 5th year already - all the packages are going to be addressed to me the next 6-8 weeks! :P

OK speaking of packages - Let's get to it - I think this is why players will enjoy me keeping this blog this year - they can see what I see! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first package I opened was from ZIZZYBOB

She had everything wrapped so neatly with colorful tissue papers.. and look a little bundle of 4 fabrics for me ;)

...and she also included a bundle of pink strings (10 as a matter of fact) that I'm collecting as the Sunshine Hostess for later this summer.

and zizzy also included money for chances on the HGTV Crayola Challenge Quilt Raffle!!! Whooo hooo! ;) If you've not heard about it yet - check out our coordinator, quiltaholic's blog for all the info and to see a slide show of the quilts. To see/read about the quilt I made visit my blog. ;)

Thanks zizzybob for helping support the Ronald McDonald House Charity!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second package I opened was from KC1930

KC1930 is "All In" this year with her 10, 1 yard pieces she will receive a total of *55* Bingo cards! She too is a fellow sunshine quilter and sent her pink string blocks ;) along with a very nice L.L. Bean Thermos as a hostess gift!

Thank You KC!! It may be hard keeping David away form this one since he really was thinking there would be something for him in these packages... ;) I'll be thinking of you every time I use it!

Here are a few closeups of her fabulous 10.

The only thing these photos do not show - is HOW soft these fabrics feel!!!

a little of everything.

and this one caught my eye - the print scale is small - but it reminds me of the "Grandma's Album" quilt block don't you think? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last package I opened today was from elainetoo

It's hard to tell from the photo - but there are 5 one yard pieces. She sent 2 cuts of the same print on black background and also a pretty generous hostess gift!

I'm not sure if you can read her note - but she wrote that she loves her little cutting mat so.. and that she hops that I will find it useful too! ;) INDEED I will elainetoo! I have the large 18" or maybe 22" one but don't get it out as often as I should... but this little one can stay right by me all the time! Thanks so much for your gift. You remind me of my mother - she use to give things that she too loved and enjoyed so much that she wanted others to have and enjoy. ;) Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what does 20 yards of fabric look like? Not bad for 1st day of Bingo Mail!?!! ;)

and thanks again for the hostess gifts - they are not required, or expected but such fun to occasionally discover in packages along the way! ;)

all the fabrics I had already put into a box to carry up to the guest room - but wanted you to see the string blocks all laid out - oh and there are David's package with his name on it - the 4 boxes of checks sitting there on the kitchen table too!:P LOL

Can't wait to see what my mail lady brings next, and from whom! ;)

Love from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment