Monday, March 15, 2010

Mail Call Monday - 3/15/10

With several days last week of "nothing" in the mailbox... I was starting to get worried! I asked several people by email how many they were mailing and when... hoping to add to our g-r-o-w-i-n-g Jack Pot and had posted on the HGTV thread too. Several replied saying they had mailed so I'm expecting this week to be a fun one with lots of packages from lots of players!

After all March is half over and we only have 2 weeks until our BINGO game begins! So I was excited when I got home from picking up Nora from school and I saw my "first" mail crate for this year sitting on the garbage can! Whoo hoo!

In it were 4 packages from players -bails, kjstrouble, LisaP8 & quilterpat6226

The first package I opened was from quilterpat6226 & like last year, she included some extras for me to choose to keep. I selected the 6 in the bottom row - THANK YOU PAT! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and who's this 2nd one from??? L is for... LUCKY LisaP8!

She sent a variety of FQs and also a 1 yard piece so she could earn a Bonus Bingo Card - and two very pretty and shimmery FQs in orange shades. Are these what people call Fairy Frost fabrics Lisa? I've never seen FF fabrics before. Thank you for thinking of me and including them. I love to add a little "orange" in each of my scrappy quilts, so I can remember that they were made in Orange, TX ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The third package to open was from kjstrouble. Nora especially liked her assortment of fabrics!

She knew that we couldn't choose any of these to keep but she still wanted to separate the ones that she loved form the ones that she didn't before placing them into the mail crate... Can you guess how many went into her "favorites" pile?

everyone of them except the bright orange. :P Which I find funny b/c this girl loves eating oranges!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and our last package to open today was from bails.

These beautiful 5 tone on tones would compliment any quilter's stash and projects! I especially love that red fabric and have used it in the past when I volunteered to help out a friend with making her blocks for a family reunion. Isn't that neat - that seeing fabrics can remind you of things that you've done before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a great helper Nora was today! ;)

She asked if we could do it again tomorrow - and I said Of course we can - IF we get packages again! ;) and I'm thinking we will each day this week, since we only have 2 more weeks until BINGO NUMBER CALLING BEGINS! April 1st - no foolin!

Love from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment