Monday, March 22, 2010

Mail Call - 3/20/10

This weekend sure was a busy one for all of us here at home. The twins were invited to 2 birthday parties this weekend and Nora and I hosted a Pampered Chef cooking show at our home Saturday night! So needless to say I didn't get around to opening up the mail until Sunday night after the kids were put to bed. :P

Mail from KINSASA was wrapped up "pretty in pink" ;)

Ooough! I love the orange background floral yard piece she sent in for the Jackpot! and lookie at that bright and bold red/purple checked FQ she gifted to me. Thank you Kinsasa! It's fabric like that that give string blocks some Zing! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second package I opened was from I Can Make It !

and on this Christmas piece was a sticker that said "for Bonnie" and upon looking at it I could tell it had been cut around the photos on one side... humm let's take a closer look...

oh how cute - can you read what it says? "Strong & Sturdy You've been built... Holding up your Precious Quilt... Should you face a snowy storm... use my Quilt to keep you warm!"

I'm betting she has used these as quilt labels - what do you think!? Oh and I'm the lucky one she is sharing this with!!! Thank you I Can Make It ! You are so thoughtful!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The third package I opened was from Quiltmom50. She said in her note that she used the blue on the far left with the bubbles in her daughter's wedding quilt. I can't believe that she gave up her extra 1 yard of it can you? ;)

and she included a FQ for me of a beautiful shade of Plum! This color reminds me of when I worked selling furniture when we lived in SC years ago. It was painted on the wall of one of my favorite bedroom collections and I use to dream of buying that big cherry Rice Bed collection and painting my bedroom this color ;)

Isn't it neat how fabrics remind us of long ago memories ;) Thank you Quiltmom50 for thinking to include a little extra for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the largest box was from player Malou. I saved it for last to open. ;) She sure got her money's worth inside that flat rate shipping box, didn't she!?!?

you are so generous to include a little extra for in case I need it for shipping. In recent years it's come very close to breaking even. And the year I had a winner in Canada, she paid me the difference. But with recent increased costs of shipping, I'm sure this will be useful. Thank you!

Ooough -I've never owned any redwork needles before - The card says the eye is easier to thread! Yippie! Perfect! And there's an assortment of sizes too! I can't wait to use them!

I'm SLOWLY still working on my redwork BOM in the van while at the carpool line or drive thru lines... ;) Here's what currently in my hoop... and yep, I was excited to be about the 4th or 5th car back at the drive thru! whoo hoo! :P

Guess who fed her kids MickyD's for supper on the way to a preschool teacher's planning meeting for next fall...

She had everything tucked inside this beautiful stationary boxes. I've received notes written on these before in the past and always keep them pinned to my bulletin board in my sewing room and I la,la,love them! Thank you!

ok, so enough with those gifties - what's inside those big ziplocks Bonnie??? We want to see the fabrics!

It was packed to the rim! A great variety of FQs and 1 yard cuts! Aren't the all so pretty - some great fall colors for those of you who love fall fabrics!


So let's take a look at everything one last time before I head to bed... ;)

Ta-Da! Mail received on 3/21/10 from players:

I Can Make It !
Kulani
Malou
Quiltmom50


Love from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment